This module enables candidates to use project management software to prepare project plans and monitor projects, including planning and managing time, costs, tasks, and resources.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to managing projects.
- Use a project management application to create a new project and maintain an existing project.
- Create and schedule tasks; add project constraints and deadlines.
- Assign costs; create and assign resources to tasks.
- View the critical path, monitor progress, and reschedule work.
- Prepare and print outputs, including charts and reports.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Covers the key skills needed to use project planning applications.
- Can be applied to a range of project planning software from vendor packages to freeware.
- Certifies best practice in effective project planning software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
|Project Management Tools||
|Resources and Costs||