This module enables the candidate to understand key web publishing concepts and to create, upload, and maintain a web site.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key web concepts and terms.
- Know about the basic principles of HTML; use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page.
- Use a web authoring application to design and format web pages; format text; work with hyperlinks and tables.
- Recognise and use common web image formats; create forms in a web page.
- Understand and use cascading style sheets.
- Prepare web pages for publishing to a web server.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Applicable to a variety of web publishing software.
- Provides the candidate with the skills to develop, publish, and maintain a website.
- Certifies best practice in website creation.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.